Blue A La Carte Course /Marilyn Crenshaw
Learning Objectives: A Closed Loop Net Zero Water Systems is achieved by balancing water supply & demand.
- How to do supply calculations.
- How to do demand calculations.
- A closed loop system is comprised of these components:
- Surface area to collect
- Gutters & pipes to distribute
- Cisterns, vessels & ponds to receive water at lowest & store at highest levels
- Pumps to pressure
- Power to run the pumps
- Filters to purify before use
- There are several sources of water to be collected, piped, stored & filtered & used for pure allocated uses:
- Vehicle pavement
- Pedestrian pavement (no vehicle contaminants)
- Exposed earth & landscaping
- Condensate harvesting
- Grey water primarily dishwater with soap residue Blackwater pathogenic natural &
- Commercial & industrial operations which may have chemicals with other biotic particles
Final Quiz: Blue CEU: Net Zero Closed Loop Water System